Saturday, April 17, 2010

My first 5K in a LONG time...

I just finished my first 5k race this season. Whew. I made it! It was kind of a tough race…it was ½ downhill, just to turn around and finish the second ½ uphill. I actually finished in 33 minutes, which I don’t think is too bad considering the whole second half was uphill. Thanks to my friend, Cali, who ran with me.

I was running the other night while pushing my son in the stroller. I kept telling myself that if this is tough, I just have to push through it. That’s what I did today. I had a father running with his son in the stroller, so I ran beside them and sang cadences to his son while I pushed up the last part of the hill. The little boy thought it was fun and it really motivated me up that last leg.

I’ve had to push through a couple of things on this journey. I have lost 10 lbs so far. But it hasn’t been easy! I started out by taking a supplement 3 times per day, and I made sure that I ordered more way before I ran out…but now they are on backorder. Why should that matter you ask?

I love, love, love the supplements I’m taking. They give me more energy, they give me a much fuller feeling when I eat, and they really help that weight come off even quicker. Hopefully I will get them this next week; but, I’m just trying to push through it.

My mom was here for a few days last week and I loaded up the Lose It! program on her iPhone. She had the same comments I did - it truly makes a difference when you counts calories. I’m loving this app!

Thank you to those that read my posts and help me with encouragement. I know I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. Today was great! Thank you for finding the race and asking me to run. I had a good time and it gave me an excuse to get up early and run 3.1 miles! That hill was a beast, but we both did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Marnie! It's tough in the begining but it will get easier and easier. If anyone can do this - it's you! You are a great inspiration! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete